for Brookhaven Seniors
The Residential Repair program provides household maintenance assistance to residents age 60 and over who are homeowners, condominium owners, or apartment renters. The service provides assistance with minor home repairs that do not require the skills of a licensed craftsperson. There is no charge for this service, however, client must purchase any materials required. When work is completed, client is given the opportunity to make a voluntary contribution to the program.
To Apply Call 451-9092 between 9:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
- PLUMBING: Repairing faucets and replacing washers for kitchen and bathroom sinks; clearing clogged sinks, caulk around sinks, bathtub and showers. No bathtub repairs.
- ELECTRICAL: Repairing or rewiring lamps, replacing light switches or receptacles, replacing frayed cords. No appliance repairs.
- CARPENTRY: Installing grab bars for tubs and toilets, safety rails, shelves. Install hardware for shades and mini blinds. Minor repairs to doors and house trim.
- PAINTING: Interior ceilings where minor water or structural damage has occurred. No Cosmetic Work.
- WEATHERIZATION: Caulking and weather stripping of windows and doors.
- CRIME PREVENTION: Installing door and window locks, peepholes.
- MISCELLANEOUS: Replacing broken single-pane window panes; installation or removal of storm windows and screens. Install smoke and carbon monoxide detectors. Replacing of small bedroom and outside fixtures. Cleaning gutters and drains with no obstruction once a year as schedules allow. (One-story homes only).