Town of Brookhaven
Swan River SchoolhouseFirst Congregational Church of New Village

Address: Middle Country Road, Lake Grove 11755 
Dates: New York and National Landmark since 2002 
Information: Originally planned to be the New Village Meeting place, the church was officially opened in 1817. The congregation, established in 1815 was headed by Pastor Jacob Corwin as the “Third Congregational Church of Brookhaven”. Click here to learn more.
Contact: Town of Brookhaven Department of Parks and Recreation: 631-451-6100
Open to the Public: By Appointment



Swan River SchoolhouseSwan River School House

Address: 31 Roe Avenue, East Patchogue 11772 
Dates: Town of Brookhaven Landmark September 2011
Information: Furnishings include the original desks and benches, pot belly stove, large iron bell (brought indoors after the hurricane of 1938), plus exhibits of realia pertinent to life in the area in olden days. Click here to learn more.
Contact: Patchogue Historical Society: 631-654-1712
Open to the Public: By Appointment




Swan River SchoolhouseLongwood Estate (Smith Estate)

Address: 331 Longwood Road, Ridge 11961 
Dates: National Landmark since Dec. 1981 - Brookhaven Historic District since July 1985.
Information: Geographically, the estate consisted of farmland, pasture, woods, river fronts, ponds, and the long swamp itself, headwaters of the Peconic River. Tenant farmers worked the land and timber was the most valuable commodity. Click here to learn more.
Contact: Town of Brookhaven Department of Parks and Recreation: 631-924-1820
Open to the Public: Weekdays and Special Events




Swan River SchoolhouseLester H. Davis House

Address: 263 Middle Country Road, Coram 11727
Dates: Landmark-- Brookhaven April 1986, NYS Sept. 2000, National Aug. 2001
Information: In 1790, the town decided to move the site of government from Setauket to Coram to provide a more convenient central location for the voters. The mode of government was the annual town meeting held in April. Click here to learn more.
Contact: Town of Brookhaven Department of Parks and Recreation: 631-924-1820
Open to the Public: Under Construction




Swan River SchoolhouseFirst National Bank of Port Jefferson

Address: Corner Main & East Main Street, Port Jefferson 11777
Dates: Landmark-- Brookhaven April 2005, NYS & National Fall 2005
Information: The Long Island Music Hall of Fame is dedicated to the idea that our musical heritage is an important resource to be celebrated and preserved. A place to inspire the desire to explore and celebrate music in all its forms. Click here to learn more.
Contact: Under License by Long Island Music Hall of Fame - Jim Faith 631-331-0808
Open to the Public: Special viewing by appointment only at this time 




Swan River SchoolhouseGamecock Cottage

Address: Trustees Road, Stony Brook
Dates: Landmark-- Brookhaven April 2005, NYS & National Fall 2005
Information:Under pending license agreement with Three Village Community Trust - Cynthia Barnes.
Contact: Town of Brookhaven Department of Parks and Recreation: 631-924-1820
Open to the Public: By Appointment





Swan River SchoolhouseJosiah Woodhull House/ Seldoon Farm

Address: 170 North Country Road, Wading River 11786,
Dates: Landmark-- Brookhaven April 2005, NYS & National Aug. 2007
Information: Thr second story was built first and later the house was raised and the lower story added. Wooley’s Mill, a sawmill, was in operation for many years in the years gone by. Kennel building is leased to the Smithtown Hunt, as they house their hounds there.
Contact: Town of Brookhaven Department of Parks and Recreation: 631-924-1820
Open to the Public: No




Swan River SchoolhouseMerritt-Hawkins House

Address: Pond Path, just south of Upper Sheep Pasture Rd, Setauket
Dates: Landmark-- Brookhaven April 2005, NYS & National Aug. 2007
Information: The historic Selleck Homestead Preserve abuts the Nassakeag Elementary School. It is part of one of the earliest farms in Setauket and County records show that it originally belonged to the Hawkins family with the first house being built there in 1774.
Contact: Town of Brookhaven Department of Parks and Recreation: 631-924-1820
Open to the Public: By Appointment (first floor only)




Swan River SchoolhouseTerryville Union Hall

Address: Terryville Road, south of KinderKare, Terryville
Dates: Landmark-- Brookhaven April 2005, NYS & National Aug. 2007
Information: Operated under license to the Cumsewogue Historical Society. Click here to learn more about Terryville Union Hall.
Contact: Jack Smith: 631-928-7622
Open to the Public: By Appointment





Swan River SchoolhouseMary E. Bell House

Address: 66 Railroad Ave, Center Moriches, 11934
Dates: Town of Brookhaven Landmark Feb. 2011
Information: The Alice Bell House was created in the late 19th century.
Contact: Parks Department: 631-451-6100
Open to the Public: No






Swan River SchoolhouseSmith Osip Farm

Address: Corner Montauk Hwy & Bay Ave, East Moriches, 11940
Dates: Included in Town of Brookhaven "Open Space" purchases
Information: Smith Osip Farm was purchased by the Town of Brookhaven to preserve open space.
Contact: Parks Department: 631-451-6100
Open to the Public: No





Swan River SchoolhousePlisko Farm

Address: North side of South St, east of Wading River Rd, Manorville 11949
Dates: Included in Town of Brookhaven "Open Space" purchases
Information: Plisko Farm was purchased by the Town of Brookhaven to preserve open space.
Contact: Parks Department: 631-451-6100
Open to the Public: No